Expert Forum - Current Priorities in Immunisation 2014
The Green Lane Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Service, Starship Children's Hospital, Annual Report July 2009 - June 2011
Advice for the Ministry of Health for Best Practice for Rheumatic Fever Control.
Online medical publishers Research Review produce a regular Paediatric Vaccines Research Review.
Research Review was established to help healthcare communities stay up to date with the latest research, in the quickest and most effective way.
Research Review publications identify the most important 'practice changing' research, and provide a free regular summary to health professionals, together with comments from a leading specialist in the area, identifying the local implications of that research.
The reviewers on Paediatric Vaccines Research Review are Dr Nikki Turner, Director of the Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC) and senior lecturer at the University of Auckland, and Helen Petousis-Harris, the Research Director of IMAC.
Subscribe now to these reviews free of charge by becoming a member at http://www.researchreview.co.nz/
Taking the Pulse of NZ Child and Youth Health (November 2007)
In a first for New Zealand, information from many sectors and non-government organisations has been combined to produce a set of child and youth indicators and reports which highlight factors influencing health, and indicating opportunities for early intervention.
HIEDI Project (Hearing Impairment: Early Detection and Intervention)
A project working towards the introduction of newborn hearing screening.
- Background Information
- Consensus Statement
- Click here for the latest HIEDI update dated December 2010 together with previous updates.
- Click here for the latest HIEDI update dated April 2011
NZ Standard 8006:2006 - Screening, Risk Assessment and Intervention for Family Violence including Child Abuse and Neglect (June 2006)
- This standard can be accessed through the New Zealand Policy website http://www.police.govt.nz/resources/#reports
A Stocktake of Interventions and Programmes Aimed at Childhood Obesity Prevention & Management in New Zealand - 2004
- Please click here to download full report by Nikki Blair, Paediatric Registrar, MOH.
- Please click here to download spreadsheet showing treatment initiatives by each DHB.
- Please click here to download spreadsheet showing prevention initiatives by DHB's.
Ongoing and Reviewable Resourcing Schemes (ORRS) Guidelines (2004)
- Please click here to access an online application or here to visit the MOH site for information on the ORRS guidelines.
- Click here to download the Ministry of Education's 2004 revision of the ORRS Guidelines.
NZ Standards for the Wellbeing of Children & Adolescents Receiving Healthcare (May 2004)
- Click here to download consultation draft of PSNZ Standards for the Wellbeing of Children and Young People Receiving Healthcare
- Click here to download Report to Standards New Zealand on Youth Consultation for Audit Workbook development dated 14 May 2004, by Cathy McGachie.
Paediatric Specialty Services Review - Through the Eyes of a Child